This article covers:
- Step 1: Charging your headset
- Step 2: Installing the Meta Quest mobile app on your phone
- Step 3: Adjusting headset fit and view
- Viewing headset charge
Step 1: Charge Your Headset
1. To start charging your Meta Quest, plug one end of the charging cord into a the charging port on the left side of the headset and the other into a power source.
Image courtesy of Meta
2. The charging indicator (the small LED light next to the power button on the right side of the headset) will turn green when your headset is fully charged. For the best setup experience, you’ll want to make sure you fully charge your headset before you move on to the next step.
Image courtesy of Meta
Step 2: Install the Meta Quest mobile app on your phone
A Meta account is required to use your device. If this is your first time using Meta Quest, you’ll be prompted to create a Meta account on the first screen of the device setup process in the Meta Quest mobile app. You can also set up a Meta account on the web at auth.meta.com.
Once you’ve created your Meta account, you’ll need to adjust your headset fit and view before proceeding with the setup process.
Step 3: Adjust headset fit and view
- First, power on your Meta Quest headset and hold it up to your face to see how clear the picture is.
- Gently adjust the lenses inside your headset by shifting them left and right until they click into the position where you can see the picture most clearly.
- Next, adjust the side straps on the headset by moving the two sliders on either side of the top strap.
- Move the sliders toward the top strap to loosen them. Move the sliders away from the top strap to tighten them.
- Re-center the top strap between the sliders once you’ve adjusted the side straps.
- Note that you’ll need to remove the headset from your head to adjust the sliders.
- If you’re wearing glasses, make sure to insert the glasses spacer before moving on to the next step. Once in place, put the headset on your head from front to back.
- To insert the glasses spacer, first gently remove the facial interface foam from the headset.
- Next, gently press the spacer into place on the back of the facial interface (not the foam) with the glasses symbol on top.
- Finally, reinsert the facial interface foam into the headset.
- Place the headset on your head to check the fit and remove it to make any additional adjustments to the side straps. Once you’ve adjusted the side straps to the appropriate fit, put the headset back on.
- Now, adjust the top strap by pulling apart the velcro and re-attaching it. You’ll know the headset is being worn correctly when it’s resting lightly on your face and you can see the picture clearly.
Once you’ve adjusted your headset fit and view, follow the instructions inside the headset and in the Meta Quest app to complete the initial setup process.
Viewing Headset Charge
Once you’ve completed your device setup, you can check the charge level of your headset at any time in the Meta Quest mobile app by tapping your device at the top of the Explore page.
Tap the Headset Icon near the top of the page on the left to see the exact percentage of charge.
You can also get this information by navigating to the Menu at the bottom of the screen
Then selecting Devices
Still Need Help?
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help. You can submit a ticket in our help center and someone will get back to you shortly (usually within 24 hours).