This FAQ article covers:
- Headset Not Pairing
- Device Won't Show Up on Manage XR
- Special Settings Won't Appear
- Special Settings Appear But Won't Work Properly
- Other Resources
Headset Not Pairing
If you're having issues with your headset pairing automatically via Bluetooth, try the following steps:
- A screen should appear asking for a 5-digit pairing code. Look in your headset for a 5-digit code at the top of your screen, but do not enter it yet.
- In the headset, continue through the menus until you connect to WiFi.
- After connecting, let the Quest safety video play. The device will install updates and restart. When it boots back up and has completely finished installing all updates, enter the 5-digit code into the Meta Quest app to pair the headset.
- In the app, you will see a screen confirming that the headset has been paired. Close out of that screen and press the back arrow in the top left of the screen.
Note: If, for some reason, you’ve skipped past the code and you cannot get it to reappear. You can always access the code through: App library > settings > system > about. You will see the pairing code near the middle of the screen.
Device Won't Show Up on ManageXR
If your device won't show up on ManageXR, be sure you have enabled Developer Mode with the following steps:
- On your computer, sign up to be a Meta Quest developer. Use the same credentials as the Meta account you’ve created
- Go to the Oculus Developer Dashboard
- Login to your Oculus Developer account
- Click this link to create an Organization
- You can name the organization the same as your school name. Accept the developer agreement.
- On your phone, in the Meta Quest app, navigate to the Menu tab in the bottom right of the toolbar
- Locate the Devices icon near the middle of the screen
- Find your device
- Toggle on Developer Mode
- Enable developer mode
Special Settings Won't Appear
If Special Settings won't appear, try the following steps:
- Refresh the device.
- Plug/Re-Plug in the device to your computer, then refresh the hardware (the refresh icon at the top of the window).
- If the previous steps fail, reboot your device.
Special Settings Menu Appears But Won't Work Properly
If Special Settings menu appears but won't work properly, you will need to:
- Remove the Android accounts on the device.
- Remove any other accounts on the device (there will likely be a Meta and an Oculus account listed that must be removed; in some cases, other accounts not mentioned above may be present and must be removed as well).
- Once all of the accounts are removed, click Refresh Device in the Device Setup Tool.
Other Troubleshooting Advice & Resources:
Other troubleshooting advice & resources that can help:
- Are you receiving a specific Device Setup Error?
- This article lists errors that the Device Setup Tool can report.
- Planning to reach out to ManageXR directly for assistance?
- Have your Device Setup Tools Log so that ManageXR can better assist you.
- This article will walk you through how to access this information.
- Still not finding the answer to your question?
- Be sure to check out Manage XR's Help Center where they cover various topics that can help with your ManageXR experience.
Still Need Help?
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help. You can submit a ticket in our help center and someone will get back to you shortly (usually within 24 hours).