This article covers:
- Why Do We Use Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
- What is a Configuration and How Can a School Use It?
- What is a Device Experience?
Why Do We Use Mobile Device Management (MDM)?
An MDM allows educators to control their VR headsets completely by simplifying their devices' setup, management, deployment, and customization. Inspirit has partnered with ManageXR to offer our school partners the best-in-class MDM solution for educational use.
1. Improve Learner Experience - Ensure focused and secure learning:
- Enable kiosk mode & custom home screen
- Remotely curate your content library
- Limit access to the internet
2. Increase Insights & Improve ROI - Ensure speedy tech support:
- Track device info & health
- Collect insights and analytics
- Access detailed device analytics on the web
What is a Configuration and How Can a School Use It?
A Configuration is a bundle of settings and apps that your students will see when they put on the headset. All devices with the same Configuration will behave the same way. By using a configuration, Inspirit and your school can create a customized device experience.
What is a Device Experience?
A Device Experience is what your students will see when putting on the VR headset. The default Device Experience is the MDM mode, where students only get access to certain apps in a controlled environment. You can choose to toggle out of the MDM mode and into the Meta menu, which will give users in the headset the ability to access the Meta app store and access to the internet.
Still Need Help?
If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help. You can submit a ticket in our help center and someone will get back to you shortly (usually within 24 hours).